The Chicago Dietetic Association published a piece on the saftey of soy, concluding that “Research to date indicates that soyfoods can be safely incorporated into the diets of essentially all individuals.
- Soyfoods have been consumed in Asia for at least 1,500 years.
- Soy protein is considered equivalent to animal protein â€“ it is highly digestible and its amino acid pattern closely matches human requirements.
- Moderate amounts of traditional soy foods can reduce the risk of prostate cancer and can lower LDL cholesterol.
- Young girls who consume soy have a lower lifetime risk of breast cancer.
- The calcium in fortified soymilk is absorbed as easily as calcium from cowâ€™s milk.
- Only about one out of 2,500 American adults is allergic to soy protein”
Read the full article here.