Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie
recipe brought to you by Yves Veggie Cuisine
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons soft, non-hydrogenated margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons Spectrum? Canola Oil
- 1 (340 gram) package Yves Veggie Cuisine? Veggie Ground
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Imagine? Low Sodium Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup combined, Yves Veggie Cuisine? sweet peas, Yves Veggie Cuisine? whole kernel Golden Corn and carrots
Shepherd’s pie has endless variations – this tempting version uses Yves Veggie Ground and is topped with sweet potato mash.
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In pot of boiling water, cook potatoes for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain well and return to pot. Add margarine and half of the fresh ground pepper and mash until smooth; set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook ground round, green pepper and garlic, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add stock to skillet; bring to a boil.
- Add peas, corn, carrots, and remaining ground pepper.
- Spread mixture into 8-inch (2 L) square baking dish. Spread mashed potato over top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until bubbly around edges.
Makes: 4 to 6 servings