Spicy Corn Muffins
Recipe brought to you by Silk
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 cup Silk Original or Unsweetened Soymilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 (7 oz.) can chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, drained
- 1 cup canned corn kernels, drained
- Preheat oven to 400?F. Spray or grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and cumin in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together soymilk, egg, oil, and honey.
- Pour egg mixture over cornmeal mixture and stir until ingredients are moistened. Do not overmix.
- Remove chilies from can and chop. Gently stir chilies and corn into batter.
- Spoon into prepared pan and bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
Makes 12 muffins.
Nutrition per muffin: 152 calories, 3.5g protein, 14.5g carbohydrate, 2g dietary fiber, 6g fat (0.5g sat. fat), 15.5mg cholesterol, 300mg sodium (calculated using unsweetened soymilk)