Soy-Silken Dark Chocolate Pudding
Recipe brought to you by United Soybean Board
- 1 package (12.3 oz.) silken tofu, drained
- 2/3 cup dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Whipped topping (optional)
Delightfully rich and creamy, this dark chocolate soy pudding is lactose free!? Top with your favorite fruits to make your perfect dessert.
- Place tofu, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and vanilla in food processor. Puree for one minute, scraping down sides as needed, or until very smooth. Divide equally into six dishes and top with whipped topping before serving, if desired.
- Raspberry Chocolate Soy Pudding ? Layer pudding with fresh raspberries and whipped topping.
- Mexican-Style Chocolate Soy Pudding ?? Stir in a pinch of ground cinnamon and cayenne pepper to taste, layer with whipped topping and top with chocolate shavings.
- Caramel Banana Chocolate Soy Pudding ? Layer pudding with banana slices and whipped topping; drizzle with caramel sauce.
Makes 6, 1/3-cup servings.
Nutrition per serving: 160 calories, 6g protein, 31g carbohydrate, 2g dietary fiber, 2.5g fat (0g sat fat), 0mg cholesterol, 20mg sodium