Soy Butter Crinkle Cookies
Recipe brought to you by Don't Go Nuts Soy Butter, developed by Melissa Harvey of Cajun Sugar Pie
- 1/2 cup Don't Go Nuts Lightly Sea Salted Soy Butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup organic white sugar
- 1/2 cup organic brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. applesauce
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
A peanut-butter-lover turned food allergy mom, Melissa strives to provide a safe eating environment for her children by developing recipes without peanuts or eggs. She promotes food allergy awareness and hopes to educate everyone she can about the ever-increasing world of food allergies.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together soy butter, butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until creamy. Add applesauce and mix until well combined.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add to butter mixture and beat until dough forms.
- Place powdered sugar in a small bowl. Using a cookie scoop (1-1/2 tablespoon), scoop dough and roll into balls. Roll each ball in the powdered sugar until completely coated. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a glass.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Cookies will look crinkled when ready. Cool on wire racks.
Makes 24 cookies.
Nutrition per cookie: 150 calories, 2g protein, 23g carbohydrate, 1g dietary fiber, 6g fat (3g sat fat), 10mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium