Jerk Tofu Burritos
This quick and easy recipe created by Ryen Watkins is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Not only is it the perfect addition to your family dinner but it’s great for any party.
IngredientsJerk Tofu Burritos:
- Extra Firm Tofu - Nasoya Organic Brand Used
- 1 Onion
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Red Pepper
- Yellow Rice
- Shredded Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- Shredded Lettuce
- Jamaican Style Jerk BBQ Sauce
- Fajita Seasoning Mix
- Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Start with making your rice since it takes the longest amount of time. If you are using box rice, follow instructions on box.
- While the rice begins to cook, chop up the tofu, peppers and onions.
- Use olive oil and two separate pans to sauté the tofu and peppers with onions.
- Add salt and pepper to the tofu and once the tofu starts to brown, add the fajita mix and jerk bbq sauce to the pan.
- Lightly grill the tortillas and prepare each burrito separately starting with the rice on the bottom.
- You can get extra creative with the ingredients; like adding jalapenos, shredded cabbage, corn, and any other fun vegan add-ons that your heart desires.