Henry Ford Chocolate Chip Soynut Cookies
Recipe brought to you by the Michigan Soybean Promotion Committee.(Photo by veganbaking.net)
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup vegetable shortening or margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup soy flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla soymilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup roasted soynuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 375?F. Beat brown sugar and shortening in a large bowl. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in baking soda, salt, and soy flour. Add all-purpose flour gradually along with soymilk and vanilla. Stir in soynuts and chocolate morsels.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on wire rack.
Makes 60 cookies.
Nutrition per cookie: 135 calories, 4.6g protein, 14.5g carbohydrate, 1.3g dietary fiber, 7g fat (2.5g sat. fat), 6mg cholesterol, 67mg sodium
Did You Know
Henry Ford, born 30 July 1863 on a farm near Dearborn, Michigan, was one of America’s foremost soybean and soyfood pioneers. (Read more.)