Crispy Tofu Parmesan Sliders
Recipe brought to you by House Foods
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. basil pesto
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 package House Foods Tofu Firm or Extra Firm, drained
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. soy or vegetable oil
- 8 small slices mozzarella cheese
- 8 slider buns or small dinner rolls, split, toasted
- 16 fresh basil leaves or 8 small lettuce leaves
- 8 slices plum tomato
- For pesto mayo, mix together the mayonnaise, pesto, and cumin. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Quarter the block of tofu into four equal pieces. Slice each quarter horizontally into two thin pieces.
- In shallow bowl, beat egg with mustard. In another shallow dish, place bread crumbs and cheese; mix well. In a third bowl, combine flour and herb seasoning. Dip tofu in flour mixture, then egg mixture, then coat with bread crumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add tofu to skillet cooking 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Top with cheese slices after turning tofu. Spread sides of buns with pesto mayo and top with tofu slices, basil, and tomato.
Makes 8 sliders.
Nutrition per slider: 260 calories, 14.5g protein, 26.5g carbohydrate, 1g dietary fiber, 11g fat (2.5g sat. fat), 33.5mg cholesterol, 348mg sodium