Creamy Cauliflower and Potato Soup
Recipe brought to you by United Soybean Board
- 1 Tbsp. soybean oil (commonly labeled vegetable oil)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup white potatoes, diced
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 cups plain, unsweetened soymilk
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat soybean oil in large saucepan over medium heat.? Add onions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until soft.? Add cauliflower, potatoes, and broth. Cover and cook for 8 minutes until very tender.
- Place mixture in food processor. Process 1 minute until smooth.
- Return to saucepan and heat over medium heat. Add soymilk and cook, stirring occasionally, until soup begins to simmer. Season the soup with salt and pepper, as desired. Ladle into bowls; top with parsley, lemon zest and garlic.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition per serving: 120 calories, 6g protein, 15g carbohydrate, 4g dietary fiber, 4.5g fat (0.5g sat. fat),
0mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium