Buffalo Tofu Strips
Recipe brought to you by Wildwood
- 1/2 cup Wildwood Zesty Garlic Aioli
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 pkg. tempura mix
- Club soda (as needed)
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 pkgs. Wildwood Savory Baked Tofu, cut into 1 inch strips
- 2 stalks celery, cut into sticks
- In a small bowl, mix zesty garlic aioli and crumbled blue cheese until combined. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add your favorite tempura mix and whisk in club soda (Substitute club soda for liquid on package instructions.) Keep cold until ready to use.
- In another bowl, stir together buffalo sauce and butter, leave out to warm to room temperature.
- In a small pot, heat oil to 350?F or use a deep fryer if you have one. Dip tofu strips into tempura batter, then slowly place in oil. Let fry until they are lightly brown, about 3?4 minutes. Place on a paper towel-lined pan to absorb excess oil then place in the bowl with buffalo sauce and toss.
- Serve immediately with the bleu cheese aioli and celery.
Makes 8 servings of two tofu strips.
Nutrition per serving: 254 calories, 10g protein, 9g carbohydrates, 20g fat, 9mg cholesterol, 370mg sodium