Lean, Green, Protein Machine
- After exercise, the intake of complete protein is key to muscle building and repair. Soy-based foods and beverages provide the high-quality protein necessary for protein synthesis in a more sustained release of amino acids than whey.1
- Soy, whey and casein have different rates of amino acid absorption, making the prolonged release of soy-dairy blend ideal for long-term increase in lean muscle mass.1
- Exercise creates an imbalance between oxidant and antioxidant levels, or oxidative stress, which can cause muscle soreness and damage. Antioxidant-rich soybeans have been shown to help protect muscle tissue from oxidative damage, aiding in athletic performance and muscle recovery.2,3
- For athletes, other than protein, iron is one of the most essential nutrients, aiding in the delivery of oxygen to muscles. One serving of soybeans contains nearly half of the daily recommendation for iron and 29g of protein.
- Soy does not contain estrogen. Overwhelming research shows normal consumption of soy (1-3 servings per day) does not cause unwanted effects on hormone levels or physical characteristics.4
1? Reidy PT, et al. The Effect of Soy-Dairy Protein Blend Supplementation during Resistance Exercise Training. FASEB 2015.
2? Hill S, Box W, DiSilvestro RA. Moderate intensity resistance exercise, plus or minus soy intake: effects on serum lipid peroxides in young adult males. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 2004;14:125-132.
3? Brown EC, et al. Soy versus whey protein bars: effects on exercise training impact on lean body mass and antioxidant status. Nutr J 2004;8:22-26.
4? Kalman D, et al. Effect of protein source and resistance training on body composition and sex hormones. J Int Soc Sports Nutr 2007;23:4.