- 1 beaten egg
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup plain soymilk
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery, sweet green pepper, or shredded carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage, thyme, basil, or oregano (crushed)
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound soy ground meat alternative
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce, chili sauce, or catsup
- In a mixing bowl combine egg, bread crumbs, soymilk, onion, vegetable choice, herb choice, salt, and pepper.
- Add ground beef and soy meat alternative. Mix well.
- In a shallow baking dish pat mixture into a 7x3x2-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- Top with barbeque sauce.
Makes 4 servings