- 2 ounces (1-inch slice) Gimme Lean!™ Ground Beef Style
- 1 tbsp finely chopped white onion
- 1/8 tsp dried oregano
- Pinch ground cumin
- 2 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 slices Jalapeño-Jack soy cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp salsa, slightly drained
- Sliced jalapeno pepper, seeded (optional)
1. Preheat a grill, grill pan, or griddle. If using a grill, heat it to medium heat.
2. Place the Gimme Lean!™, onion, oregano, and cumin in a small bowl. Mash with a fork to combine. This mixture keeps up to 24 hours, tightly covered in the refrigerator.
3. Brush one side of one tortilla with half the oil. Place it, oil-side down, on a work surface. Spread the soymeat mixture evenly over the tortilla, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge. Spread the salsa over the soymeat. Arrange the jalapeno slices over the salsa, if using. Cover with the cheese so it covers the filling evenly. Top with the remaining tortilla. Brush the top of the quesadilla with the remaining oil.
4. Grill the quesadilla until it has grill marks and the edges just begin to char, about 4 minutes. Turn and grill on the second side, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board or plate.
5. Serve the whole quesadilla as a main course, or cut into 8 wedges and serve as an hors d’oeuvre.
Soy Protein: 8g