- 1 pkg House Foods Premium or Organic Tofu Medium Firm, drained and pressed
- 1.5 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup fried onions
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ? tsp black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ? medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add green beans and cook for approximately 7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Add olive oil to a large pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onions, salt and pepper and cook until mushrooms and onions are golden. Add garlic and cayenne pepper and cook an additional 3 minutes. Meanwhile, pur?e tofu in food processor or blender.
Sprinkle flour over the mushrooms, stirring constantly. Add vegetable broth and simmer until mixture has thickened. Add tofu and green beans. Mix well and transfer to a baking dish. Top with fried onions and bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
Makes 10 Servings