The miso in this hot peppery blend of vegetables and tofu with soy sauce brings a subtle richness to this quick meal.
Recipe from National Soybean Research Laboratory at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- 16-oz firm or extra firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. soy oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. finely diced fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp. miso
- 1 Tbsp. (or less) hot red pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts1 carrot, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1/2 cup of frozen sweet corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- Salt to taste
Marinate the diced tofu in soy sauce for 1-2 hours or overnight.
In a wok or large skillet, heat the oil. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and fry for approximately one minute.
Add the tofu cubes and soy sauce, then miso, red pepper, black pepper and sugar.? Lower the heat and stir fry for two to three minutes.
Add the roasted peanuts and carrots, mix. Add 2 tablespoons water.? Cook about two more minutes.
Add sweet corn kernels and peas and cook for two more minutes. Add salt to taste.
Serve over rice.
Makes 6 1-cup servings
Nutrition?Per serving: 232 calories, 12 g protein, 13 g carbohydrate, 16 g fat (2.4 g sat fat), 3 g fiber, 641 mg sodium