Brought to you by:
United Soybean Board, Submitted for National Soyfoods Month 2012
Summary: Made from 100% whole-grains, soymilk and fresh berries, these light-as-air pancakes are packed with essential nutrients. And they are lactose-free! Prep time is 5 minutes.
- 1? cups White whole-wheat flour
- ? cup Oatmeal, quick cooking
- 2 tablespoons Baking powder
- 1? cups Vanilla or plain soymilk
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons Soybean oil (often labeled vegetable oil?)
- 4 cups Fresh blueberries, divided
- Maple syrup (optional)
Combine flour, oatmeal and baking powder in medium bowl. Whisk soymilk, eggs, brown sugar and soybean oil in large bowl until blended. Add flour mixture to soymilk mixture; stir just until blended. Stir in 2 cups berries. Heat large skillet over medium heat; brush lightly with soybean oil. Pour ¼ cup batter into hot skillet; cook until bubbles begin to burst. Turn and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with remaining berries and maple syrup, if desired.
Makes about 16 pancakes.
Per serving of two pancakes: 230 Calories, 8g Protein, 34g Carbohydrate, 4g Fiber, 7g Fat,1.5g Sat. Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 110mg Cholesterol, 460mg Sodium