- 1 cup canned black soybeans, rinsed and drained
- One 10.5-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans, defrosted
- .5 cup finely chopped red onion
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp distilled white vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp coarse mustard
- .5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp soy oil
1. Combine the soybeans, chickpeas, green beans, and onion in a bowl.
2. To make the dressing, whisk the vinegar with the sugar, mustard, and salt until the sugar dissolves. Whisk in the oil.
3. Pour the dressing over the beans and mix to combine. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
4. If possible, let the salad sit for 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld. (It will keep for up to 3 days, tightly covered and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Recipe from Amazing Soy by Dana Jacobi