- 4 large Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes, skin left on
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp chicken or vegetable bouillon powder
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz) can cream style corn
- 1 (14 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup plain soymilk
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the potatoes, onion, water, bouillon, parsley, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Remove pan from heat and stir in both cans of corn. Put two cups of the mixture into a blender and briefly puree. Do not overblend or potatoes will become gummy.
3. Return the pureed mixture to the saucepan, stir in the soymilk (soy milk) and heat thoroughly.
4. Adjust spices and seasonings to taste.
Yield: 6 cups. Serving size: 1? cup. Per serving: 370 calories, 3 g fat (0 g sat fat), 12 g protein (1.5 g soy protein), 79 g carbohydrate, 1055 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol, 8 g dietary fiber.
? 2000 Soyfoods.com