Soup?s on! This quick and easy homemade soup will warm your soul and keep you satisfied for hours.
- 1 teaspoon Soybean oil (often labeled “vegetable oil”)
- 1 Small onion, diced
- 3 cups Frozen edamame (shelled)
- 2 cups Low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup Plain soymilk
- 1 cup Baby arugula leaves, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- Plain cultured soymilk “yogurt” (optional)
Heat soybean oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until soft. Add edamame and broth; simmer for 5 to 6 minutes, until just tender.
Place mixture in food processor; add soymilk and arugula. Process 1 minute, or until smooth.
Return to saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until soup begins to simmer. Ladle into bowls; top with yogurt, if desired.
Thin soup with additional vegetable broth as needed.
Nutrition Per Serving: 140 Calories, 12g Protein, 14g Carbohydrate, 2g Fiber, 4g Fat, 0g Sat. Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 440mg Sodium